Things have been a little "down" here on TCC, so let's have a little fun!
It’s time for the second annual Christmas in July!!
Secret Santas, it's time to warm up the sleigh, and give the reindeer frozen margaritas instead of eggnog! Let's see if we can have as much fun as we did last year!
For those who do not know what a Secret Santa is: Those who want to participate will be given the name of another TCC Member who also agrees to participate. Each participant sends a gift of cards to the person whose name they are given. In turn, the first participant receives a gift from another participating Member.
Here are the guidelines for anyone who wants to participate:
1) Members who would like to participate should send me a PM with the following information: Name and address ; Collecting interests ; a general idea of what they may have to give (that way I can avoid matching up a football collector with someone who only has baseball available)
2) The deadline for signing up will be Sunday, July 31.
3) After the deadline, I will match up names & send out PMs to each member letting them know the name, address & collecting interest of the member they are to send their gift out to.
4) Gifts can be whatever you like to send (after all, it is a “gift”), but hopefully, you can tailor it to the recipient’s collecting interests.
5) There is no minimum or maximum value to be placed on the gift. We have members of all different ages and economic circumstances, & I would prefer not to exclude anyone just because they cannot afford a “minimum” value.
6) Participating Members will have until Sunday, August 21 (my birthday!!
) to send out their gifts.
7) Once you send out your gift, please PM me letting me know you have done so. That way I can keep track of everything.
8) Once you receive your gift, please post what you received in this thread. I think that everyone would be pleased to see what other Members received.
9) Anyone who signs up to participate agrees to fulfill their obligation to the person whose name is given to them. Even though it is better to give than to receive, it would be pretty sad to send something & then be left out.
I’m sure that I’ve not covered everything in this post, so if you have any questions, please feel free to post them in the thread so I can share the answers with everyone.
NOTE: If you are on restrictions, you will not be able to participate. Nor will anyone who did not fulfill their obligation in past Secret Santas.
Let’s have some fun, Santas!!
IN SO FAR:
Cool Hand Flash
Super Sports Gear
Johnny Number 5