Software
  Card Calendar
  Show Calendar
  Team Addresses
  Collecting Tips
  Marketplace
  eBay
Custom Search

Welcome, Guest. The Collector Zone is a free community for trading card collectors - both sports and non-sports. There are forums for all of the major sports, non-sports, autographs and other hobby-related information. In addition, there are areas to trade, buy and sell with other collectors. Our members have now completed over 48,125 collector-to-collector transactions using our easy-to-use Transaction Manager.

With over 30,500 collectors and over 2,750,000 posts, there's plenty of ways to get involved with the other members - either in discussions or with trading. So, are you ready to join and start meeting other collectors?

If you're not a member, click here: Register

If you're already a member, login here:

[ Outline ] · Standard · Linear+

> Passing along some packaging/shipping tips, Save time, $ and headaches! Please read

jaderock
post Jun 3 2006, 12:42 AM
Post #1

Collector Zone Team
Group Icon
Group Icon

Members Referred: 53
First Name: Peter
Transactions: 48
(View: Pending | Failed)

eBay: jaderock

SportsBuy: 5193

OpenChecklist:
jaderock

Awards:
2008, 2009 and 2010 Best Player Collection 2007 Favorite Collection Jan 2010 Member of the Month

View Gallery

View Trading and Marketplace Topics

Create Transaction

Here are two tips that I would suggest people consider when making trades/sales:

It is wise to package and ship your cards off the same way you expect to receive a package. However, everone has their own perference, so here are some general guidelines that will make the transactions go more smoothly AND protect the card(s) better.

Packaging for single cards should at least include the following:

1. Penny sleeve
2. Top loader with transparent tape used at the opening
3. Cardboard or empty toploader sandwich taped down
4. Team Bag (optional)
5. Bubble Mailer with a couple of "weightless" styrofoam popcorn to "puff" up the package to meet the USPS requirement of 3/4" thickness (especially important if you use "in person" Delivery Confirmation (DC).

I encourage the use of DC when shipping. It shows the trader/buyer that you actually sent at a specific date vs "yeah...I sent it on Monday...I think"! DC is available in the USA only.

Save time and money on shipping:

If you use Paypal, you can save alot of time and money on shipping!

Advantages:
* Delivery Confirmation is only .17 vs .75 (in person at the post office)
* You can drop it off in the Metered Mail Box or hand it to your postman. In fact, if it's a PROIRTY Mail item you can schedule a FREE Pickup!
* A metered package DOES NOT require 3/4" THICKNESS like the "in person" package that needs DC! (Note: actually it does, but 9 out of 10 of these online mailers I get never are that thick)
* Lasty, a metered package only takes 2-3 days from coast to coast - in all honesty it's just as fast as proirity mail!!! Give it a try - you'll be glad that you did!

---
How to do it:
If you're an active ebayer, just print a label for an item that was previously sold - making changes to the "To" addressee.
OR
Simply make a .01 payment to the other party involved in the transaction as "Goods, Others" (DO NOT use quasi cash), so they can print a label by hitting the "ship" button.

Any questions, please send me a Private Message (PM).

This post has been edited by jaderock: Nov 26 2007, 01:22 AM

Collector Zone Team
user posted image

4 Sport Tradelist...BRUNELL WANTLIST
My Brunell website: Ultimate Mark Brunell Card Collection Having spent 12+ years on the collection, this IS the most complete/comprehensive single player collection in the world! Now with 238 #1/1 cards!!
user posted image

RIP Christine 5/18/2011-1/29/2015

NBA Team:
User is offlinePMUsers Website
Profile Card
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll
Replies
pmiller
post Mar 25 2007, 01:27 PM
Post #2

Veteran
Group Icon

First Name: PMILLER
Transactions: 10

Restrictions:
Current Transactions Only

View Gallery

Create Transaction

im kinda new to this so can someone help me out on what toploader and all the other stuff is...

My PhotoBucket

user posted image

Collecting: Jay Bruce, Troy Tulowitzki, Homer Bailey, Joey Votto.
LMK what you have...

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
User is offlinePMProfile Card
+Quote Post
skatalite
post Mar 25 2007, 04:16 PM
Post #3

Gary Payton Supercollector
Group Icon

First Name: Richard
Transactions: 125

Awards:
Steal of the Year - 2007

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(pmiller @ Mar 25 2007, 12:27 PM)
im kinda new to this so can someone help me out on what toploader and all the other stuff is...

Here you go:

•Penny sleeve — a thin sleeve used to help protect cards. These can be found nearly every where from Wal-Mart to local hobby shops. A bag of 100 usually costs $1.

•Toploader — a thicker plastic holder that cards are put into. They also can be found nearly everywhere in some form or another. There are varoius tickness and sizes. Normally, a pack of 25 toploaders costs $1.25.

•Team bags — plastic baggies with adhesive ends that hold cards and toploaders. They help protect the cards during shipping. Normally, a pack of 100 costs $2.

•Bubble mailers — an envelope with bubble padding. They can be found at your local post office, Wal-Mart or office stores. A pack of 10 usually sell for $3.

Hope that helps!

User is offlinePMUsers Website
Profile Card
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
jaderock   Passing along some packaging/shipping tips   Jun 3 2006, 12:42 AM
skatalite   But I don't like using tape :( or like it when...   Jun 3 2006, 01:08 AM
jaderock   Transparent tape doesn't leave sticky residue...   Jun 3 2006, 01:11 AM
skatalite   Ew to tape. But that's just me! BUT if so...   Jun 3 2006, 01:12 AM
ffman   I've found that bubble mailers are much chea...   Mar 25 2007, 07:07 PM
tex333   I got a pack of 24 at Walmart for five dollars. M...   Mar 31 2007, 02:03 PM
ffman   Here too - like $1.06 for one! I se...   Mar 31 2007, 02:04 PM
-Drifter-   As an FYI, I just used the Multi Order shipping op...   May 1 2007, 11:06 PM
Go18   Also, reuse the bubble mailers!! Works gre...   May 1 2007, 11:30 PM
gregorium   Reduce, Reuse, Recycle! There's no rea...   May 3 2007, 10:15 AM
CardCraze   I know i cut up old bubble mailers and use em. He...   Jul 21 2007, 10:58 PM
Tarasadie17   As I am reviewing some of TCC's recent transac...   Nov 16 2007, 07:06 AM
Snick103   Bubble Mailers can also be bought for 15 cents a ...   Jan 24 2008, 11:45 AM
SaltyCollector25   I want to start doing DC #'s on the stuff I se...   Apr 24 2008, 08:27 PM
BlackJack   You can get them at the P.O. Your pack you are sen...   Apr 27 2008, 12:30 AM
ffman   Also another suggestion: If you plan on using a w...   Jul 31 2008, 04:58 PM
bostonbruinsandceltics   speaking of team bags, does anyone know were i can...   Jul 31 2008, 05:13 PM
hodee5   Just thought I'd add another shipping tip...   Aug 11 2008, 01:43 AM
jaderock   Thanks Jeff for the info! That makes it a whol...   Aug 11 2008, 02:47 AM
matty18   It has become a sad day when things of this nature...   Mar 11 2009, 09:57 PM
dekno2   another tip. Use the Decoys you get in packs to p...   Jun 17 2009, 06:45 PM

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time: 18th April 2024 - 03:43 AM

Partner
Sportlots.com

Affiliate

Affiliate
BCW Supplies

Copyright © 2000-2014 Trading Card Central. All rights reserved.   Advertise  Partners  Links  About Us  Contact Us