Software
  Card Calendar
  Show Calendar
  Team Addresses
  Collecting Tips
  Marketplace
  eBay
Custom Search

Welcome, Guest. The Collector Zone is a free community for trading card collectors - both sports and non-sports. There are forums for all of the major sports, non-sports, autographs and other hobby-related information. In addition, there are areas to trade, buy and sell with other collectors. Our members have now completed over 48,125 collector-to-collector transactions using our easy-to-use Transaction Manager.

With over 30,500 collectors and over 2,750,000 posts, there's plenty of ways to get involved with the other members - either in discussions or with trading. So, are you ready to join and start meeting other collectors?

If you're not a member, click here: Register

If you're already a member, login here:

4 Pages « < 2 3 4 
Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Product review..of a website, My checkoutmycards.com experience

tyrodsports
post Oct 1 2012, 07:47 PM
Post #61

HOF
Group Icon

First Name: Rodney
Transactions: 413
(View: Pending | Failed)

View Gallery

View Trading and Marketplace Topics

Create Transaction

QUOTE(beanschat @ Oct 1 2012, 05:16 PM)
well..almost 2 months since my last update..yesterday I went over the $500 sold plateau.  I have sold 292 items...

In September I sold 70 items for $94.51 at an average BV of 66%, which is my second highest discounted month.

Also Saturday, i shipped another 752 cards to them as it was the last to at their old pirces.  This month they have increased their price to .25 per card. 

My sales have still just pretty much covered their costs...however, I currently have 1655 cards active with a BV of $6247.15.

As a part of the increased costs, they have commited to more advertising including in every issue of Becket..so I hope to see increased traffic.

Ha, but its a fun ride. I was updating some of my stuff and noticed you had posted some new cards. I am closing in on 800.00 and have been doing really well with flipping cards. The flipping is tricky though, cause I have got burned by the recent specials and so many cards being added by others. I buy cards at a discounted price and still lose money to people who recently posted, specifically on 2012 stuff. In the end, I am having a blast and have just shipped 1800 cards to the site...I think that will be my last shipment for a while though, just too much time keep the prices competitive. Thanks again for tutoring me on this.

Rodney

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
User is offlinePMProfile Card
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
beanschat
post Oct 1 2012, 08:00 PM
Post #62

Mr. Donruss Classics
Group Icon

First Name: Brian
Transactions: 180

eBay: beanschat

SportsBuy: 122015

OpenChecklist:
beanschat

Awards:
June 2009 Member of the Month May 2012 Member of the Month

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Hey Rodney!I do a little bit of flipping, I don't get burnt too many times though..but I shy away from the new stuff. I found a Manning RC for $5 that it took a month to sell for $8, so that covered my storage fees for the month. I also found an old White Sox team card (like 1957) that was in nice shape that I got for $2, and again a month later sold it for $8. You apparently have done better than I on selling though! Good job!

MLB Team:
NFL Team:
+Quote Post
beanschat
post Nov 17 2013, 11:54 AM
Post #63

Mr. Donruss Classics
Group Icon

OpenChecklist:
beanschat

Awards:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

The site early in the year started selling the Beckett BV package which did not go over well with the members. Since then, sales have really flat-lined. I was up to about $150/month in sales, this month I am below $2 per day...with over $18000 BV on the site and 4700 cards. I am not nearly as happy as I once was though I have had over $2000 in sales. I have stopped sending in cards until the site can show that sales will increase again.

MLB Team:
NFL Team:
+Quote Post
meuandthelot
post Aug 26 2015, 06:28 AM
Post #64

Helping Hand
Group Icon

Transactions: 1

YouTube:

Ustream.TV:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Any updates since the site overhaul/revamp?
I cut ties 2-3 months into no progress and users having to add their card information(basically rebuilding comc's database for them) on many many cards

Good idea, not sure the model has sustainable growth for so many salaries.

Thanks for any insight

My almost updated trade+ site. Looking for Vintage all sports, and nice pieces from teams below PM/email with any offers. Thank You. Also 1990 Topps, and 2003 old logo.
Call someone a dodee buttt in the heat of a debate, banhammer, trying with all your might to pass fakes, or what amounts to fraud..Eh, give em a break, he made a mistake??!!??

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
User is offlinePMUsers Website
Profile Card
+Quote Post
beanschat
post Sep 26 2015, 01:50 PM
Post #65

Mr. Donruss Classics
Group Icon

OpenChecklist:
beanschat

Awards:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Sure. I went over $4000 in sales recently. Growth of the site has certainly slowed down since their overhaul. Most of my sales I reinvest in cards on the site, but have sent home 2 very nice batches of 100 cards each, but sales have never gotten to the level they once were. Septembers are brutal for some reason. This month I am yet to reach $45 in sales although I have 4500 cards available. They still run the program where you can get credit for helping them update the website. I don't know that I see this every going away as I think it is used to confirm their database and since new cards are released every month....

I rarely send in batches anymore, and when I do it seems they reject quite a few that I don't understand. And they rarely ever run any specials. Instead, it just seems easier and more economical to buy cards there and relist them rather than paying postage and processing fees.

My satisfaction today is well below what it was when I started this thread, but the only way to improve it is to drive more buyers to the site.

MLB Team:
NFL Team:
+Quote Post

4 Pages « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time: 29th March 2024 - 05:59 AM

Partner
Sportlots.com

Affiliate

Affiliate
BCW Supplies

Copyright © 2000-2014 Trading Card Central. All rights reserved.   Advertise  Partners  Links  About Us  Contact Us