Printable version of Entry

Click here to view this entry in its original format

ffman's Blog

Heat, and preparation for college

Phew.....here in Kentucky (as it is almost everywhere else) it is hot, hot, and....hot. Last temp and index reading - 95/103. Been under a heat advisory all day (and until 8 PM Central) and probably will be tom. and Thursday. I'm inside most of the time, except for taking the dog out, but even being out for a short period of time is tough.

I'm preparing for college on August 20th - I'm going a little early for a little program for entering Freshman named 'MasterPlan' - helps the entering Freshman get acquainted to the college atmosphere. As alot of you know, I'm entering college a little late. I was due to begin in the fall of '05, but a brain tumor found in May of 05 delayed me. It was taken June 15, 2005 at Vanderbilt - thank God it was benign. It was faith and trust in God that pulled both me and my mom through.

I'm excited about college, and nervous at the same time. I haven't had alot of contact in over a year with the people in my graduating class, and also since I've been in a classroom. But, I'll make it - I know that God has some thing planned for me - otherwise, he wouldn't have pulled me through the tumor.

While at home, I became interested once again in collecting, and I have started to focus on David Wright and Sammy Sosa. I have to admit that the collection is rather small, but it's there. 11 David, and 64 Sosa (70 after two trades). I know the DWright will be hard to boost, but I'm not really all that concerned about how large it becomes. I've got a nice jersey, a nice patch, and an autograph (two, including a TTM). Just looking for a bat card, and a little more inserts and base.

Eh, it's a bit long, and I don't have alot of experience in blogging, but.....I think I got the important talk out. laugh.gif