A few weeks back I responded to a forum post about collecting goals for 2009. I replied with 10 goals and realizing how important it is to write down my goals, I instead decided to create a blog. This will hopefully serve as a motivator because it's going to be tough! Here are my goals for 09:
1. Finish my 1970 (finished!), 1972, and 1974 Topps baseball sets and purchase the 71 set outright. Then Iíll have all sets from 1970-2008 ￼
2. Have at least 50% of the 1969 Topps baseball master set by year's end.
3.To continue pursuit of the 2001 Bowman Heritage baseball master set (including all parallels, autos, game used, etc.) and have at least 85% completion by year's end. I'm currently at 60%.
4. Complete my 2005 Topps Turkey Red baseball set w/SP's
5. Add at least 50 new Rickey Henderson cards to my collection.
6. Add at least 15 new Rondo auto's. (8 to go)
7. Add a KG and Pierce auto to my new Celtics collection. (Pierce added)
8. Add at least 5 baseball HOF'er autos to my baseball HOF auto collection. Complete!
9. Participate in at least 3 box breaks here on TCC. I want to give these a whirl and participating in at least 3 should give me an idea if these are for me or not
10. Reduce my commons and base inventory by at least 50%. This itself will be a huge step.
I am off to a pretty good start. I have already traded an extra Brooks Robinson auto for a Gwynn auto on TCC bringing my HOF'er # down to 4 (technically this took place before 09 but I"m counting it since it was after I set my goals
). I have added a Pierce auto (Ebay) to my Celtics collection and I just sent in an online redemption for a Topps Co Signers Rondo/Harris dual auto, bringing my Rondo auto # down to 14.
If you feel like you can help out in anyway, please let me know!
Marc aka pokerstar6Because everyone creates their own luck...