Contact Us
  NPN Offers
  Price Guides
  Card Calendar
  Show Calendar
  Team Addresses
  Collecting Tips
Custom Search

Welcome, Guest. The Collector Zone is a free community for trading card collectors - both sports and non-sports. There are forums for all of the major sports, non-sports, autographs and other hobby-related information. In addition, there are areas to trade, buy and sell with other collectors. Our members have now completed over 48,125 collector-to-collector transactions using our easy-to-use Transaction Manager.

With over 30,500 collectors and over 2,750,000 posts, there's plenty of ways to get involved with the other members - either in discussions or with trading. So, are you ready to join and start meeting other collectors?

If you're not a member, click here: Register

If you're already a member, login here:

An archive of my box breaks
Filter by Category:

4 Pages  1 2 3 > »  
 | Category: Basketball
entry Jan 19 2009, 06:14 PM
Date: January 2009

18 packs/5 cards; 3 game-worn cards per hobby box, one of which is a patch. So I got this hobby box off of ebay, it was an 03/04 product so I couldn't pass up. At the end you will find what I paid. I did a bit better than the stated odds I would say...I would assume I came across a hot box, but I couldn't find much info online about this product's ratios and odds etc. Couple things I know were that I got at least 1 case hit and I that I did so much better than I would've ever expected. Let's get to the results:

Rookie (1:15)

zarko cabarkapa 11/50 (i know, wow)

Insert (1:24)

by the numbers- lebron james!

Parallel (1:40)

jason williams 06/50

Now to the good stuff....all patches...

licensed apparel

mike dunleavy 049/100
steve francis 39/50
paul pierce 006/150
latrell sprewell 013/100

patchworks- kenyon martin 20/50

and for the case hit.......

vince carter collection auto patch 11/15!

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Let me just mention a little bit about what was going on. As I was opening, it seemed pretty normal at first. As I open from the top, I remember seeing one card and a thick card. I'm assuming that's the patch so I save it for the end. I go through more packs and at this point I am maybe two-thirds through. So I open the top of the remaining packs, must've been 2 stacks of 3. Maybe all of them except for one has an equally thick card in them....I'm thinking well these can't be decoys...can they? Pack after pack I go through, there's a patch! It was my lucky day, I couldn't believe it. So this was a great break for 55 bucks I'd say. I wasn't too crazy about the look of the base at first. But then I realized the black half of the card would look really nice signed in decocolor silver. Well thanks for looking.

entry Jan 19 2009, 05:44 PM
Date: December 2008

18 packs/5 cards; 4 autos per box. Hey guys, first I wanna wish you all a merry christmas! I gotta box of 06/07 trademark moves and was looking forward most to busting this one. I also did get many #d cards. On to the results:

Trademark Dish

luke walton, delonte west

Trademark Dunk

balkman, shaq, craig smith, josh smith

Trademark Swish

mo ager, bird, douby, gordon

Base Parallels

bryant 84/149
gasol 94/149
rip hamilton 208/299
joe johnson 232/299
odom 229/299
okafor 72/75
bobby simmons 219/299

Trademark Dunk

diogu 159/299
nique 67/75

Trademark Swish

mike james 207/299
martell webster 30/149

The autos weren't that bad, too bad they were all Level 2's.

Rookie Auto

steve novak 12/149

Signature Dunk

jr smith 09/35
gerald wallace 062/149

Signature Swish

randy foye 121/149

user posted image

Thanks for looking.

entry Jan 18 2009, 08:04 PM
Date: November-December 2008

14 packs/8 cards; 2 RC autos per box. Plenty of rookies in this product and I had 2 shots for a decent RC auto. Here's how I did:

Box 1

Regular design: didn't keep track of (but 3 per pack)
94/95 SP rookie design: jeff green
97/98 SP rookie design: crittenton
98 SP veteran/legend design: yao

96/97 SP rookie design: DURANT
new rookie design: aaron afflalo

Box 2 (not quite as good)

Regular design: didn't keep track of (but 3 per pack)
94/95 SP rookie design: yi jianlian
97/98 SP rookie design: taureen green
98 SP veteran/legend design: pierce, q-rich

new rookie design: demetris nichols and jameson curry huh.gif

user posted image
I didn't complete the base set (the vast 60 card set laugh.gif ) but did get plenty of rookies. Thanks for looking

entry Nov 17 2008, 08:00 PM
Date: November 2008

18 packs/6 cards; 2 relics and an auto per box. I received this box in the mail a couple days ago and hoped for the best. Let's say I had worse breaks...

RC- robin lopez, hibbert, javale mcgee, hickson, ryan anderson, george hill, giddens, deandre jordan, singletary, kyle weaver, walter sharpe, batum, arthur

Chrome RC- westbrook, anthony randolph, koufos, donte greene, dorsey, sharpe, weems

brand 05/50
rick barry 251/299
george hill 038/299

Xfractors- maggette 238/299, nick young 214/299
Refractor- jamal crawford 360/499

Relics- devin harris, ben wallace
Auto- kosta koufos

user posted image
user posted image

I did like the looks of these cards but I was surprised to see doubles early on. I got nearly 20 doubles, I even had a few where I got 3 of the same. I was surprised I did not even get any beasleys, rose or mayos. Well after a break like this, I might wanna give a shot at topps hardwood or fleer. Thanks for looking

entry Sep 23 2008, 04:53 PM
Date: September 2008

18 packs/5 cards; 2 game-used cards, an auto and a buyback card per hobby box. I got this off ebay for under 35 bucks, I believe it was well worth the money. Heres how I did:

Minibox 1

Genuine Upside: rafael araujo 326/500

At Large: shaq
Genuine Article: iverson

Reflections: marion 009/100

At Large Patch/Auto: jason richardson 06/20
At Large Patch: carmelo 11/25

Minibox 2

Genuine Upside Reflections Parallel: childress 021/100

At Large: richard jefferson, jermaine o'neal
Genuine Article: jermaine o'neal

86/87 fleer: dominique wilkins

Genuine Article Jersey: carmelo 021/149

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

thanks for looking

4 Pages  1 2 3 > »  

Lo-Fi Version Time: 4th October 2015 - 02:35 AM

BCW Supplies

Copyright 2000-2014 Trading Card Central. All rights reserved.   Advertise  Partners  Links  About Us  Contact Us