Software
  Card Calendar
  Show Calendar
  Team Addresses
  Collecting Tips
  Marketplace
  eBay
Custom Search

Welcome, Guest. The Collector Zone is a free community for trading card collectors - both sports and non-sports. There are forums for all of the major sports, non-sports, autographs and other hobby-related information. In addition, there are areas to trade, buy and sell with other collectors. Our members have now completed over 48,125 collector-to-collector transactions using our easy-to-use Transaction Manager.

With over 30,500 collectors and over 2,750,000 posts, there's plenty of ways to get involved with the other members - either in discussions or with trading. So, are you ready to join and start meeting other collectors?

If you're not a member, click here: Register

If you're already a member, login here:

captkirk42's Blog
Stuff about my collection
Filter by Category:

72 Pages « < 52 53 54 55 56 > »  
entry Oct 24 2009, 02:04 PM
Got 3 packages from sportlots auctions. Mostly Baseball but some football.

BASEBALL
1958 Topps - 217 Jack Harshman Orioles
1969 Milton Bradley:
Tommy John
Boog Powell
1972 Topps: 27-32
27 Bob Johnson Pirates
28 Bob Gebhard Steve Brye Hal Haydel 1972 Rookie Stars Twins
29 Bill Bonham Cubs
30 Rico Petrocelli Red Sox
31 Cleon Jones - Mets
32 Cleon Jones In Action

and

FOOTBALL
1974 Topps:
71 George Farmer - Bears
72 Ron East - Chargers
74 Pat Hughes - Giants
79 Walt Patulski - Bills
101 Gary Garrison - Chargers
102 Dan Goich - Giants

| Category: Baseball
entry Oct 23 2009, 11:28 PM
Got a single card from Ebay.
1992 Upper Deck Baseball Heroes 37 JOHNNY BENCH "1968 Rookie of the Year" (From 10 card "Bench/Morgan" section of a 45 card sub-set)
user posted image

| Category: Football
entry Oct 22 2009, 10:30 PM
Got a couple of Ebay orders in and a Sportlots.
Here is the booty from it. It is mostly REDSKINS Legends.

From: 1994 Ted Williams Football series (many call it the "Roger Stauback" series as each card in this series has a logo that Says "Roger Stauback's NFL Football".)

61 SAMMY BAUGH
user posted image

62 SONNY JURGENSEN
user posted image

64 Chalkboard Legends GEORGE ALLEN
user posted image

2005 UD NFL Legends Football
59 JOE THEISMANN
user posted image

I also got a 1974 O-Pee-Chee Hockey
256 Washington Capitals Logo

user posted image

I already had a Topps version of this Hockey card which is identical on the front but the back is where the subtle differences are (as is typical of Topps vs. OPC cards) the OPC card stock is whiter on the back. The ink colors are identical I think. The title at the top on the back says "Washington Capitals Draft Selections June 1974, the OPC adds the French translation of "Draft Selections June 1974 under the English. My Topps version is off-center so the Topps copyright info is missing. Even though I was pretty certain my Topps version was really Topps I wasn't exactly sure as I had gotten it about a year or two ago from Ebay also.

OPC Back
user posted image

Topps Back
user posted image

| Category: Baseball
entry Oct 21 2009, 10:09 PM
Got an Ebay order in only one card a goodie, actually a Goodwin from the 2009 Upper Deck Goodwin set card # 62 it's like the sixty-second card from the set - YOGI BERRA!

user posted image

I am falling in love with the GOODWIN set, but don't tell A&G laugh.gif

entry Oct 19 2009, 08:18 PM
Got yet another Ebay action in the mail today. This time it is the 10 sticker/card set of the 2001 XFL Team Logos.

user posted image

The set as I said consists of 10 stickers that look and feel more like standard cards, except for the small diecut along the edge of the logo pattern on the front. The XFL "EXtreme Football League was a failed attempt to compete with the NFL the league was owned and run by the owners of the WWF (or was it WWE at that time?) Wrestling League. The league was a minor hit with fans, but a dismal financial failure. They needed to have more of the Cheerleaders. laugh.gif

Anyway the first 8 cards of the logos of the 8 teams in the league, the 9th card is the League logo and the final card is a picture of the Spalding designed football that was used.

user posted image

Just about anything XFL is sometimes hard to find and like the USFL stuff can sometimes be ridiculously overpriced. This sticker set was not. Actually the seller probably had at least 2 sets since I had been outbid but received a "second offer" (that was legit).

entry Oct 17 2009, 03:06 PM
Got 2 packages one from an Ebay auction the other from a sportlots auction.

The sportlots auction was for a:
1968 Topps Game Insert # 20 Tommy Davis
The seller included a freebie a 2009 UD Baseball Series 2 - Jason LaRue - Cardinals.

The Ebay auction was for 10 (with a couple of duplicates so really about 8) 1974 (NOT '75) Fleer Hall of Fame (The Immortal Roll Series) cards. The '74 set is not numbered, where as the '75 is numbered the '75 series also has a brown border where the '74 has a white border.

The seller had them all in tallboy versions of those awful keep cases that I hate, fortunately they didn't have any tape on them.

Don Hutson - Packers
Bobby Layne - Bears, Bulldogs, Lions, Steelers
Andy Robustelli - Rams, Giants
Jim Thorpe - Bulldogs, Indians, Maroons, Giants (and others)
Y.A. Tittle - 49ers, Giants, Colts
Charley Trippi - Cardnials - (2)
Norm Van Brocklin - Rams, Eagles (2)
Bob Waterfield - Rams

entry Oct 16 2009, 06:45 PM
Got a couple more of my Ebay auctions in.

First one opened was from the 1974 Fleer from The Immortal Roll Hall of Fame series. SAMMY BAUGH. these cards are a little bit thinner than the standard, but are just a tadd taller. The 1974 cards are very similar and often mistaken for the 1975 cards. The main difference is the 1974 cards are not numbered the '75 are. This card in the '75 series is #50.

1974 Fleer Hall of Fame SAMMY BAUGH
user posted image

The other package was one of my white whales for my PC. From one of two of my fave QBs and for only $12.00 plus $2.00 shipping....

1958 Topps #90 of Mr. Number Nine SONNY JURGENSEN. It's in very nice condition the dealer listed it as fair. Looks a little better than that to me no creases, but rounded and slightly frayed corners and a little bit of a pinhole sized chunk taken out of the bottom right near the corner.

1958 Topps SONNY JURGENSEN RC
user posted image

entry Oct 16 2009, 03:59 PM
I decided to bite the bullet and start up a trading card blog, in addition to this one here. So far I just have the bare bones of it and an introduction post. I will try to keep both this blog and the new one updated pretty frequently. My new blog is CaptKirk42's Trading Cards Blog

| Category: Hockey
entry Oct 15 2009, 10:55 PM
Got a single card from an Ebay Auction (190339419531). My first 2009 Upper Deck Goodwin Champions card. #34 ALEXANDER OVECHKIN - Capitals

2009 UD GOODWIN CHAMPIONS Alexander Ovechkin
user posted image

entry Oct 11 2009, 10:44 PM
I don't want to dis Bob's Openchecklist here, but I recently found an alternative online collection tracking database. I found it via a link on a card blog that I had found via a link from another card blog (one that I read frequently). So far it's pretty good but of course it does have some kinks they haven't worked out yet. They appear to have started sometime last year. The site is Zistle.com. Most of the images of cards added seem to have started with the Checkoutmycards.com database. Of course they encourage collectors to upload card pictures if they have an image that is better than the current image (clearer, higher definition etc...) as many databases tend to do. They want the best generic image available.

I just started using it. I had to add my 1975 Wonder Bread set, they had the 1974 and '76 in there but didn't seem to have the '75 weird. Also I might have to add a couple of my 2007 Topps Opening Day mascots, they seem to be missing some, plus they have multiple subsets for the Opening Day which is confusing.

72 Pages « < 52 53 54 55 56 > »  
SMTWTFS

My Picture
User Photo

Lo-Fi Version Time: 22nd December 2014 - 04:38 PM

Partner
Sportlots.com

Affiliate

Affiliate
BCW Supplies

Copyright 2000-2014 Trading Card Central. All rights reserved.   Advertise  Partners  Links  About Us  Contact Us