Software
  Card Calendar
  Show Calendar
  Team Addresses
  Collecting Tips
  Marketplace
  eBay
Custom Search

Welcome, Guest. The Collector Zone is a free community for trading card collectors - both sports and non-sports. There are forums for all of the major sports, non-sports, autographs and other hobby-related information. In addition, there are areas to trade, buy and sell with other collectors. Our members have now completed over 48,125 collector-to-collector transactions using our easy-to-use Transaction Manager.

With over 30,500 collectors and over 2,750,000 posts, there's plenty of ways to get involved with the other members - either in discussions or with trading. So, are you ready to join and start meeting other collectors?

If you're not a member, click here: Register

If you're already a member, login here:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Sidney Crosby Wanted, SP Auth Redemption and more

HOFerAutoCollector
post Aug 17 2005, 12:55 PM
Post #1

Ryan Garko Collector
Group Icon

Members Referred: 3
First Name: Tom
Transactions: 209
(View: Pending | Failed)

Restrictions:
Account Banned

View Gallery

View Trading and Marketplace Topics

Create Transaction

I really want to trade for the redemption card for crosby from SP Auth. Now that its cooled off a bit, I want to get one. Also interested in picking up an auto. If anyone has ANYTHING of crosby, let me know.

Collecting Ryan Garko

WTTF 07 Team USA Black Autos and Auto/Jersey cards

WTTF LETTERMAN and other GU of Jackie Robinson, Koufax, Campanella, J. Gibson, Drysdale and Paige.

Photobucket

Ryan Garko Collection Thread

user posted image

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
User is offlinePMUsers Website
Profile Card
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
aceecards
post Aug 17 2005, 01:56 PM
Post #2

Legend
Group Icon
Group Icon

First Name: Steve
Transactions: 967

Awards:
2014 CZT of the Year 2012 Battle Royal Champion 2009 Best Autograph Card 2008, 2009 and 2010 Best Overall Collection 2007 Trade of the Year Trader of the Month - Oct. '05, Aug. '06, Aug. '07

View Gallery

Create Transaction

QUOTE(HOFerAutoCollector @ Aug 17 2005, 12:55 PM)
I really want to trade for the redemption card for crosby from SP Auth. Now that its cooled off a bit, I want to get one. Also interested in picking up an auto. If anyone has ANYTHING of crosby, let me know.

As of yet Sidney Crosby has not agreed to anything with UD, that is why those cards have cooled off... Upper Deck is not saying who that redemption will be for. I wouldnt gamble on it either some times players have quircks like Lindros did with the Quebec Nordiques.

The unofficial Crosby rookie card came from ITG heroes and prospects, there are autos, gu and base of him there.

This post has been edited by bob_TCC: Aug 23 2005, 01:06 AM

Collector Zone Team
user posted image

The New Bucket!
newer bucket

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
User is offlinePMProfile Card
+Quote Post
northicehero99
post Aug 19 2005, 12:02 PM
Post #3

Legend
Group Icon

First Name: Brian
Transactions: 1507

eBay: northicehero99

OpenChecklist:
northicehero99

Awards:
Trader of the Year - 2007, 2008; Trader of the Month - Aug. '05, Oct. '06, Jan. '07, Jul. '07, January 2010 Pack Pull of the Month Member of trhe Month March 2012

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Crosby, is the hot card on the hockey market right now. I have the Heroes and Prospects one, but I am keeping it as it is part of my set. Even the cheap OMR and other brand cards are selling well here in Pittsburgh. I know dealers selling them from $5 to $10. Most of his auto cards are in the several hundred $ range. Even the Heroes and Prospect boxes are selling for 2+ times what they originally sold for. I was looking at completed auctions on Ebay and a box of that product closed recently for $150. I paid $70 for my box when I bought it, I should have bought a case and held on to them. Ok who am I kidding, I would have busted the whole case if I would have gotten one.

As for the SP card, I have not heard that is guaranteed to be Crosby either. No one has produced cards for Ovechekin or Malikin from the prior year so it might be one of them as well.

MLB Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
HOFerAutoCollector
post Aug 19 2005, 01:01 PM
Post #4

Ryan Garko Collector
Group Icon

Members Referred: 3
First Name: Tom
Transactions: 209

Restrictions:
Account Banned

View Gallery

Create Transaction

I am from PA as well. I just want a good Crosby piece to hang onto.
Tom

Collecting Ryan Garko

WTTF 07 Team USA Black Autos and Auto/Jersey cards

WTTF LETTERMAN and other GU of Jackie Robinson, Koufax, Campanella, J. Gibson, Drysdale and Paige.

Photobucket

Ryan Garko Collection Thread

user posted image

MLB Team:
NBA Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
User is offlinePMUsers Website
Profile Card
+Quote Post
northicehero99
post Aug 19 2005, 05:24 PM
Post #5

Legend
Group Icon

OpenChecklist:
northicehero99

Awards:
Trader of the Year - 2007, 2008; Trader of the Month - Aug. '05, Oct. '06, Jan. '07, Jul. '07, January 2010 Pack Pull of the Month Member of trhe Month March 2012

View Gallery

Create Transaction

You and me both (and Canada too...), I really liked the one In The Game had with him and Lemeiux on a jersey card from Ultimate Memorabilia but that will be well out of reach of my pocket book. I am hoping that he is in or there are redemption cards in some of the new hockey coming out in the next few months.

QUOTE(HOFerAutoCollector @ Aug 19 2005, 01:01 PM)
I am from PA as well. I just want a good Crosby piece to hang onto.
Tom

MLB Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post
northicehero99
post Aug 20 2005, 01:31 PM
Post #6

Legend
Group Icon

OpenChecklist:
northicehero99

Awards:

View Gallery

Create Transaction

Hey, received the Beckett today. Mario and Sid on the cover, who would have guessed that? New scoop on the SP cards, there is no new scoop. Beckett beleives that the SP Authentic card will be Crosby baring injury, etc. Figuring UD does not want all those people who paid big bucks for the card to start calling them complaining. Upper Deck has not and will not confirm that the redemption is Crosby based on the injury or other uncontrolable issues.

My honest opinion is that these cards should not be allowed to be redemptions for this years drafted players. Since the cards were issued before the new season and prior to the draft they should be redeemable for prior draft selections only. This is why the hobby gets so screwed up in my opinion. It is like baseball where players have rookie cards three years before they play in the majors, it just gets too confusing. I hope Beckett treats these cards like the redemption cards from UD Ice in prior years, that would mean the card would not get RC status because it is a redemption.

MLB Team:
NFL Team:
NHL Team:
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time: 20th December 2014 - 07:36 AM

Partner
Sportlots.com

Affiliate

Affiliate
BCW Supplies

Copyright 2000-2014 Trading Card Central. All rights reserved.   Advertise  Partners  Links  About Us  Contact Us